Ilblu, or Iruburu, is a village in the 6th layer inhabited entirely by Narehate, created by the three Sages. The force field does not exist in the village, and by extension, neither does the curse.
Narehate in Ilblu take the form of what it is they most desire, and are granted the village's protection. In exchange, they are bound to the village, and a force field prevents them from leaving.
The main industry in the village is trading based on the concept of "value." The inhabitants are constantly trading and bartering for things of equal or higher value. An item's value seems to be self determined by whoever is in possession of the item, as well as by the village itself based on the importance the item has to its owner. It is such an important concept, that when a customer damages an item before it is paid for, an event called "The Balancing" occurs. A noise rings out across the village, and one of the perpetrator's possessions of equal value is destroyed. The perpetrator may even be maimed in order to compensate for the defacement, if the value of the damaged item is high enough.
Humans are of especially high value, especially human children.
Since the Narehate of Ilblu cannot leave, the only way they can hunt is to lure prey into the city.
The village was created by members of Ganja, who originally set out to find ,what natives called, "Shourou's Golden City" on the 6th layer of the Abyss. After learning from Interference Units they met that they wouldn't be able to return to the surface, Ganja set up a permanent camp on the 6th layer.
After some time, many Ganja members got ill and Belaf found out that the cause of the sickness was the water they had been drinking, due to it being infected by some unknown creature of the Abyss. During the time of the illness spreading, an Artifact was discovered, by members of Ganja who hadn't fallen ill, that granted the deepest wish of a person while holding if their mind wasn't too "complex"; Cradle of Desire.
Vueko requested it to be given to Irumyuui, a native girl who had accompanied them as guide, in hope to save her from the illness. Wazukyan, the leader of Ganja, agreed and the Artifact was given to Irumyuui. The Cradle of Desire caused Irumyuui to transform and gave her the ability to birth creatures without organs for ingestion, dying shortly after birth. Ganja resorted to use them as source of sustenance, as they lacked other viable options. At some point in time, a second Cradle of Desire was given to Irumyuui by Wazukyan.
Over time, Irumyuui transformed more and more until she reached her final stage with the ability to transform humans into Narehate. In this form, she had already lost her consciousness and became the base of the village. Due to Vueko not agreeing with this, she tried to take her own life and was imprisoned in the part of the village that used to be Irumyuui's head, in order to keep her from harming herself.
After Reg had brought back body parts of Faputa into the village to trade them for Nanachi, it reacts to them and Juroimoh starts to attack to claim the parts. In the battle with Juroimoh, Reg shoots his incinerator creating an opening in the village causing damage to its protective boundary and it starts to disperse. This leads to a confrontation between Faputa, the villagers and Reg, which is ultimately interrupted by creatures of the 6th layer swarming into the village and beginning to wreak havoc.
The village started to crumble and fade away completely after Faputa used her control over it to start a process of taking in its remaing value and it ultimately vanished completely leaving only rubble from its collapse behind.
Ilblu has an extremely convoluted language system, wherein the meaning of words tends to change back and forth. For example,
"Iruburu" (Ilblu) means:
- "village" 50% of the time
- "cradle" 40% of the time
- "mother" 10% of this time
- "to request" 40% of the time
- "special" 30% of the time
- "stimulus" 30% of the time
Phrases the restaurant worker taught Riko:
- "Konbosu" (Understood)
- "Kefukeferi?" (What is its rough value?)
- "Maen" (A generous affirmation)
- "Ngamu" (A generous negation)
- "Mimiu" (Excuse me a moment)
- "Ienme" (Thank you) (80%)
- "Riezoochi" (Sorry)
- "Famo" (See you later)
- "Sansaika" (I want to go)
- "Rahossu" (I want you to do this for me/ Please)
- "Shukaeigiitsu gosshusosu" (You will go bankrupt if you buy me)
- "Kobuchakkyuu jinshiitsufaffu" (Do you know of a robot and a fluffy one?)
- "Rahochusosu jinshiitsufaffu" (I'm looking for a robot and a fluffy one)
- "Hadimae" (Whoops/ Ah/ Exclamation Point)
- "Ngangamadeimo" (I don't understand)
- "Menme" (Come in)
- "Fasshenburee" (Let's do this, everyone)
- "Indemaen" (Of course)
- "Rahoossu" (Do it now, please)
- "Sazonfattsu" (Metal Wire Squad/Wire Team)
- "Wiigorii" (Hold it down)
- "Mepopohon" (Sleepyhead)
- "Haniisuku" (Inn)
- "Shazara faberasozu debei" (The scent of your blood is attracting beasts)
- "Jimuntsu modikopoh" (What are they talking about)
- "Madimo" (I don't know)
- "Adimono jimuntsepo" (They are talking in the newcomers' tounge)
- "Modipoh" (What is that noise)
- "Rie" (My bad)
- "Abuee" (She is inside)
- "Imigootsue" (She is still inside)
- "Bigoou" (Now)
- "Zoi baajyu" (She stopped moving)
- "Menbuesu" (Go)
- "Menbuee" (Move)
- "Jyazuraru Mugumodi" (What beast is that)
- "Mijumo" (No idea)
- "Baajazusu Jizumoo" (Even the auctioneer hasn't seen it)
- "Konboissu" (Sure)
Points of Interest
- According to Wazukyan, it has been 150 years since the village was created.
|Places||Abyss • Orth •Beolsk • Sereny • Jeseku • Grand Pier • Gate to the Netherworld • Belchero Orphanage • Wharf • Delver Guild HQ • Laffi's Shop • Caravan Fleet • Seeker Camp • Nanachi's Hideout • Garden of the Flowers of Resilience • Ido Front • Miniature Garden Of Dawn • Altar of the Absolute Boundary • Ilblu • Poriyon's Workshop • Ilblu's Market of Value • Mepopohon's Inn • Narehate Restaurant • Doguupu • Belaf's House|
|Layers||1st Layer • 2nd Layer • 3rd Layer • 4th Layer • 5th Layer • 6th Layer • 7th Layer|